moderated Re: Curiosity: What makes people choose Jaws over NVDA?

Soronel Haetir

I use jaws mostly because NVDA wasn't available when I went blind (so
out of inertia) and when I did try NVDA (last time was 2010 or so) I
got _extremely_ upset with the NVDA development team and their
prevailing attitude toward introductory developer support (that is,
their attitude was that such support isn't needed).

As far as development systems went I actually preferred WindowEyes,
what with everything being based around COM objects and using
ActiveScript (but that was the only thing I liked about WE).

On 6/11/22, Madison Martin <Madison.Martin2000@...> wrote:
Hi James,
I know that you've received lots of responses but I wanted to chime in
anyway. When I first started learning to use a computer I was taught how to
use Jaws; I tried NVDA but never really liked it and I'm not sure it works
as well with braille displays... I think it just comes down to what meets
your needs best and what you feel more comfortable with. I also just use my
computer for basic things so I'm not interested in all of the add-ons that
NVDA has and I like the fact that FS has tech support, even though these
lists are grate they can't fix everything.