moderated Re: Gmail and Outlook: Recent Security Conundrums

Ann Byrne

Do I still have to tell GMail to forward mail to IMap, or will it detect that when outlook processes?

At 10:03 PM 6/10/2022, you wrote:

Hello:

I need more specifics before I can answer this question. I am gathering that Outlook Express is the email client being used—running on the Windows 7 operating system. This being the case, I would suggest two things to enable Outlook Express to work with the Gmail account.

* In the Google account itself, turn on two-factor authentication.
* Once this is done and verified, generate what Google calls an app-specific password. This is a string of letters and other symbols that are difficult to remember. Once you have obtained this generated password, re-establish the Gmail account in Outlook Express, using the generated password in place of the Google Account password, the latter still working when a person needs access to the account through a web browser.

If you want links or references to articles telling you how to do all of this, please feel free to reach out to me.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong