moderated Re: New Subscriber Contemplating Switching from NVDA to JAWS with A Few Questions

ratshtron

Hmmmm, if you use jaws you use scripts, lol!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Karen Reynolds <karenreynolds2061@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2022 9:34:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: New Subscriber Contemplating Switching from NVDA to JAWS with A Few Questions

Hi Lanie,
I don't use scripts, so I can't help you there. I do use a braille display. It is the Focus 40 5th generation. Since I've been a long time user of Jaws, early to mid 90's, I chose this display over others because I wanted the two to work well together. Since Then I understand there are several from other companies that work well with Jaws too.

There is another group. The group I found has a braille display focus only. Getting them to work with screen readers; including NVDA, Narrator, IOS, Jaws, etc.; is often discussed on that list. Also deciding which one might work best with your preferred screen reader. Here is the link to learn more.

https://groups.io/g/braille-display-users

I hope this helps, and I've not stepped on the toes of the moderator.
Karen