moderated Re: Jaws and Braille Displays

JM Casey

I think most current braille displays can be made to work with JAWS, and even some really old ones still. Even if it isn’t in the list of available options built in to JFW, you can often get a driver that works.

I have an older focus 40 and I also have a Baum Supervario 80 (or something) that is at least ten, maybe 15 years old. Still interfaces with the screen-reader though there are power issues with the unit that mean I don’t use it much.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claudia
Sent: June 10, 2022 01:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws and Braille Displays

Hi,

I have only worked with the Focus 40 Blue, and my department at work is trying to get this for me.

However, it looks like it is currently sold out, so what other braille display could I research that will work well with JFW?

Or, is this the best one, since I believe it was made to work with Jaws?

Thanks.

Claudia