moderated Re: problem with search box

Shirley Tracy

Thank you Adrian. I wasn’t the person who asked the question, but I’m so glad to read your suggestion. I’m tired of searching through Amazon for a particular item and having to read through scores of items that are nothing like what I want. This is great.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2022 10:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: problem with search box

Actually, Bill, it just might work. For example, I frequently use Google to search for items on Amazon because it does a much better job of limiting results to specifics. An easy example is a search for a specific symphony. With Amazon, you can get a slew of results for the particular composer, but Amazon doesn’t seem to find particular symphonies, just a long list of many recordings where “symphony” is in the recording’s details. Or it might be a pillow with specific dimensions. It’s critical to begin the Google search with the website name followed by a colon, then as much specific detail as you can provide. For instance:

Amazon.com: Mozart, symphony 38

If I know the conductor of the performance I want, I’ll include it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2022 8:30 PM

Hi, Karen. This won't work for Judy, because she is trying to search a site to see which products they carry on that site.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Karen Reynolds
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2022 5:18 PM

Hi Judy,

When I can’t get a search to work on the site, I go back to google and put in the site name and what I’m searching for.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2022 7:47 PM

Bill, I tried the space bar, the enter key and the left mouse button and none worked. The site is:

Store.healthylivingshop.com  no www before it. Judy & Libby

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.