moderated Re: The meaning of an emoji

Ken,

I am not certain what JAWS uses to give a description of an emoji, but what you're getting is most likely because that particular emoji does not have an entry in whatever mapping they're using for descriptions.

The only thing I can recommend is using a site such as https://emojipedia.org, where you can paste in the actual emoji and do a search on it for its meaning (sometimes meanings), and sometimes these have absolutely nothing to do with the actual emoji itself (e.g., the eggplant/aubergine 🍆 and peach 🍑 emojis).

New emojis do get added to the existing database, and if JAWS uses its own internal database of descriptions derived from the "official database" anything newer than the last iteration of the database won't show up until they refresh their own internal database.

     ~ Lauren Bacall