moderated Re: how to edit the jaws insert symbols list

Soronel Haetir

It can be done but is not especially easy, you have to edit the files:

C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\<version>\Scripts\VKeyboard.jsm
and
C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\<version>\Scripts\VKeyboard.jss

using the jaws script manager (available via <jaws>+0). The files are
available in the directory you get if you select File -> Open Shared
File. I suggest editing VKeyboard.jsm first and then VKeyboard.jss
because you need a compile step to come last and saving VKeyboard.jss
will trigger that.

On 6/4/22, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
hi
When I hit jawsKey+4 I get a list of symbols I could enter into a document.
Is there a way to edit this list of symbols? I want to add to the list of
insertable symbols.

Josh

--
Soronel Haetir