From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kestrel Verlager
Sent: Saturday, June 4, 2022 5:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook won't let me use al f to save emails

I’ve had this issue on and off before, but last time I solved it through random key presses and dumb luck, so I don’t remember specifically what I did to fix it.

I’m running Windows 10, Office 365, and Jaws 2022, the latest update.

The issue is that when I am in Outlook and I read an email I want to save, when I press alt f to invoke the file menu, no menus appear, and Windows just makes the ding sound that indicates you can’t do that.

When I am in the inbox list of emails and I first press enter to get into an email I want to read, Jaws says “Read only” before reading the email.

I know there is a reading pane checkbox somewhere on the ribbon, but I know I have that set to the correct setting to allow me to read everything, because I checked this the previous time I had this issue.

Any suggestions?

Kestrell