moderated Re: AnWells Fargo has made changes to web site

Joseph Machise <josephmachise@...>

hey Glenn agree with you from Joseph.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2022 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: AnWells Fargo has made changes to web site

I don't know who polices the ADA, but they need a class action law suet against these companies.
They do nothing or little for us on web sites and only leave the site owners thinking they are meeting accessibility needs.
We need to let the sites know that the overlay page for the disabled does not work.
The ACB & NFB should collectively do something about this growing problem.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2022 12:23 PM

Yes, when you see a message like what you described, that is what is known as overlay. You will find that it is beginning to be deployed on large and small sites. Subscription to such an overlay annual cost around $500.00 plus per year and sellers are telling organizations and large coorperation that deploying this overlay will protect them from lawsuits related to an inaccessible website.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2022 12:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Milton, what do you mean by overlay technology? Lately I have run into some sites where it says at the top to “click here to use in screen reader mode.” Sometimes it works and lots of times it doesn’t. Is that what you are talking about, and can you explain it more? Tghanks. Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2022 11:47 AM

I hope these banks don’t deploy overlay technology as many companies and organization are beginning to subscribe to this kind of technology and not forcing webmasters to properly code websites according to the W3C guidelines for accessible website.

They pay quite a log of money for this technology but it doesn’t necessarily solve all the accessibility issues of the website and at times it makes it worst.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2022 10:19 AM
Subject: AnWells Fargo has made changes to web site

Well, another bank, Wells Fargo has become almost unusable with JAWS. I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo but they were not able to help me navigate their web page.  They are going to work on the problem and get back with me in a few days. Up until a few days ago it was very accessible, but now it is almost impossible to use.  Just a few days ago US Bank also made changes and made it harder to navigate.  Very frustrated.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.