moderated Re: Verbosity, stop saying bullet?

crayton Benner <craybay3198@...>

Have you tried looking in the jaws settings center where you have the verbosity settings at?
Kind regards,
Crayton Benner

On Jun 3, 2022, at 06:15, Mark <mweiler@...> wrote:

Is there a way to make JAWS stop announcing "bullet" in lists in HTML or Word documents? Imagine a very long list with short list items. Each time it would say "bullet".   I have been searching but am stuck. In Quick Settings for Word, I found the bullet type indication setting, but that turns off JAWS saying the type of bullet, like "hollow round", but it still says bullet. I imagine some people just get used to it, but certainly it seems reasonable to give a user the option in a setting, or perhaps change it to a less intrusive sound like a soft chime.