moderated Re: Need Instructions For Turning off Auto-numbering and Auto-lettering in Microsoft Word Documents And Outlook e-mails
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi again, Tom. I found some more updated instructions for turning off AutoNumbering and AutoBulleting in Word:
Turn Off Autonumbering and Bulleting In Word
1. Open Word.
2. Press ALT plus F, Followed by T for Options.
3. Arrow down to Proofing.
4. Press ALT plus A for Autocorrect Options.
5. Press CONTROL plus TAB until you hear “Autoformat as you type tab”
6. TAB approximately seven times, until you hear “Apply as you type, Automatic bulleted lists check box”
7. If this check box is checked, press SPACE to uncheck it. This will turn off automatic bulleted lists.
8. TAB once, until you hear “Apply as you type, Automatic Numbered Lists check box”
9. If this check box is checked, press SPACE to uncheck it. This will turn off Automatic Numbered Lists.
10. TAB to OK, and press SPACE or ENTER.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 7:50 PM
Subject: Need Instructions For Turning off Auto-numbering and Auto-lettering in Microsoft Word Documents And Outlook e-mails
Within the last day or so, I have noticed that auto-numbering and auto-lettering has gotten turned back on in Microsoft Word documents and Outlook e-mails.
I suspect this happened in an Office 365 update of some kind.
Why Microsoft has to mess with these sorts of settings in their updates is beyond me.
I prefer to do numbering and lettering manually, since that gives me more control in what I’m doing.
Anyway, if someone has an easy-to-follow set of instructions for disabling auto-numbering and lettering in MS Word documents and Outlook e-mails, I’d appreciate your sending them along.
I don’t know what else might have changed, but I’ll take things one step at a time.
I’m using Office 365 on a Windows 10 PC here.
Dr. Tom Behler From Michigan