moderated Re: Need Instructions For Turning off Auto-numbering and Auto-lettering in Microsoft Word Documents And Outlook e-mails

Bill White

Hi, Tom. Some of these procedures may have changed slightly in newer versions of Word and in Outlook, but you should be able to find and navigate the options from the instructions below.

How To Turn Off Automatic List Numbering And Bulleting in Word

1.  Start Word.

2.  Press Alt + T to enter the Tools Menu.

3.  Press Shift + Tab four times to reach AutoCorrect Options, then press Enter.

4.  Press Ctrl + Tab to reach the Replace As You Type List Box.

5.  Arrow up and down, checking or unchecking the desired items.

Turn Off Auto Bullet Or Numbering In Outlook

You can turn off auto bullet or numbering in Outlook as follows.

1. Open the Outlook Options dialog box, ALT plus F, followed by T.

2. Arrow down to Mail.

3. Tab over to, and press ENTER on the Editor Options button.

4. In the Editor Options dialog box, make sure Proofing is highlighted by arrowing to it.

5. Tab to, and press ENTER on the AutoCorrect Options button.

6. Press CONTROL plus TAB, until it says, AutoFormat As You Type.

7. uncheck AutoNumbering, and AutoBulleting.

8. Tab to, and press ENTER on the OK button.

9. Tab to, and press ENTER on the next OK button.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...