moderated Need Instructions For Turning off Auto-numbering and Auto-lettering in Microsoft Word Documents And Outlook e-mails

Tom Behler

                                                            Hello, everyone.

Within the last day or so, I have noticed that auto-numbering and auto-lettering has gotten turned back on in Microsoft Word documents and Outlook e-mails.

I suspect this happened in an Office 365 update of some kind.

Why Microsoft has to mess with these sorts of settings in their updates is beyond me.

I prefer to do numbering and lettering manually, since that gives me more control in what I’m doing.

Anyway, if someone has an easy-to-follow set of instructions for disabling auto-numbering and lettering in MS Word documents and Outlook e-mails, I’d appreciate your sending them along.

I don’t know what else might have changed, but I’ll take things one step at a time.

I’m using Office 365 on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan