moderated Re: Question regarding the latest update to Quick Assist

Dave Durber

Andrew:

This morning, I called the MS Disability Assistance/Help line at 4:30 AM, UK time, this was because I had a louzy night's sleep. The representative downloaded the new version of Quick Assist on another machine, with the same result.

I performed a restore the computer to a previous date and time function. When the computer restarted following the restoration, to my dismay, the previous version of Quick Assist was not restored. Therefore, it seems, the new version of Quick Assist, once installed, is one of those updates, which cannot be undone.

Luckily, I created a complete image of the system drive last Thursday, using Image for Windows. Once I restored the image, I now have the original version of Quick Assist available to me.

One more thing, the person said that there was a problem with the new version, and the Quick Assist team were working to fix the problem.

My suggestion is therefore, people should not upgrade to the new version of Quick Assist, until Microsoft release a version which is fully accessible. If you have a need to use Quick Assist, when the open screen is displayed telling you about the new version, TAB to the "Not Yet" button and press the SPACE BAR, to activate it. The update reminder screen will disappear, and the original, accessible screen for the previous version will be displayed.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: Question regarding the latest update to Quick Assist

Dave, I get the same, when I run the app.

Andrew

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: 30 May 2022 19:42
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Andrew:

I did  that, with no success.

On another occasion, I found an "Open" button. When I clicked on it, a few seconds later, a message came up telling me that the update had been updated successfully. However, when I tried Quick Assist, I was presented with a blank screen.

The upshot is, I cannot get access to the Program, in the way I was able to do so, using the previous version of Quick Assist.

Dave

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 5:13 PM

Hi Dave,

What to do is, open the app and then go to the store.

Now use the touch cursor.

HTH.

Andrew

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: 29 May 2022 21:06
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Question regarding the latest update to Quick Assist

Hello everyone:

Has anyone on the list needed to use Quick Assist recently? I have! I got a prompt telling me there was a new release of Quick Assist, and I would need to get it from the Microsoft Store. My question is:

Has anyone who has limited or no vision on the list, successfully try and find and download the update to Quick Assist from the Microsoft Store. Personally, I had no success in downloading and applying the new update for this program.

I pose the following suggestion:

I would like anyone who has no vision or, very limited vision, try and successfully download the update for Quick Assist from the Microsoft Store. If anyone who is not vision impaired, please do not come in on this topic for at least 2 days, to see if muy challenge can be met. If anyone who is visually impaired, managed to do what I failed to do myself, will they plese enlighten me as to how they did it, with step-by-step instructions, so I can complete the update to Quick Assist. Whuy Microsoft did not include the latest update to Quick Assist as part of the Windows update process, will always be a mystery, except to Microsoft, of course.

Thanks in anticipation:

Dave Durber

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.