To my knowledge, there is no other desktop player for the Audible books. I can play the downloaded books to the Victor Stream and play them on it, which is my preferred method. The PlexTalk will no longer play the newer file format that Audible is using but it will play the older AA format.

If the books are downloaded to your computer, it is no trouble to create the desired folders and put copies in whatever folder you like.

The last idea is to convert them to MP3 format and then you can play them with a number of desktop players.

On 5/27/2022 12:04 PM, Dennis Brown wrote:

Will do.

Thanks,

Dennis T. Brown

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of dennis
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2022 3:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is ther a more friendly Audible reader?

audible files are in the aa format. i'm not aware and have never been able to find a desktop player that will play them. i use to convert them to mp3s but that became impracticle. sorry i don't have more for you but if you find one, please let me know as i would like to have that opption too.

On 5/27/2022 1:57 PM, Dennis Brown wrote:

Yes, Alexa does a fine job, but it doesn’t allow me to put my technical titles in one group, writing tools in another, fiction in another, etc.

I’m looking for a Desktop solution.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks,

Dennis T. Brown