moderated Re: Accessibility of Audacity?

JM Casey

Hello…

Not sure how much I can help as I don’t use Audacity much at the moment, sticking with the one-track editor Goldwave. However I have used Audacity in the past and yes, it is quite usable from the keyboard by a screen-reader users. I believe there is, or was, even an Audacity for Blind mailing list; perhaps someone else here could point you there. There’s a VIP software guide made by David Bailes 9sp) as well. He has been pretty good with updating stuff but I’m not sure what the last version is. This was done with JAWS users in mind but everythign there pretty much pertains to all screen-readers for Windows as there isn’t much that’s JAWS specific.

Check out the semi-official wiki here:

https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Audacity_for_blind_users

And the VIP software guide. This pertains to version 3.0.3, which, if not the latest version, is pretty damn close and things won’t have changed much if at all.

https://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-3.0.3-Guide.html