moderated Re: Moving To An In Page Link In An Email

Adrian Spratt

I’ve experienced this on websites, though not email. I haven’t found a direct solution. However, the words in the link tell me which heading to look for. I use some or all of them to search for the beginning of the section I want. More cumbersome than I’d like, but workable.

Perhaps someone else has a more direct answer.

--

My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions: https://adrianspratt.com/book/

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Fisher
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 5:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Moving To An In Page Link In An Email

Hi, I've noticed in an e-mail if there are some in page links. These typically would be toward the top of the email like a table of contents. Clicking on the link should take you to that part of the email rather than scroll all the way down.

I can see these by using JAWS Key +F7 for the list of links.  I then scroll through the list to the link I want to activate and move to that link rather than activating it.. I assume then I can press enter for it to take me to the top of that email topic. I can visually see that it does this on screen but then when I press down arrow or Insert+Numpad 2 to start reading, the cursor moves back to the top of the email.

What am I doing wrong??
--
Mark Fisher
Manager - People Systems
Water Corporation of Western Australia

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.