moderated Re: How To Adjust Windows Sounds Volume On A Windows 10 PC

Sherri

Go to “speakers/headphones” in the system tray by pressing Jaws key F11.  Press enter.  You will then hear a menu.  Arrow down once to Volume settings (I believe it’s called.”  Then start tabbing through or use the shift-tab.  You will see the different device settings and each should have a volume up, volume down and mute setting.  Exit the menu and you should be good to go.  I hope this helps.

Sherri

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 1:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Adjust Windows Sounds Volume On A Windows 10 PC

Hi Bill,

Whenever I try to change my system sounds volume level it changes the overall volume level as well.  What can be causing this to happen, or what am I doing wrong?  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 16, 2022 5:48 PM

Subject: Re: How To Adjust Windows Sounds Volume On A Windows 10 PC

Hi, Tom. You adjust your volume for System Sounds, more or less the same way you do for the System Volume. In your System tray, you will have a button for Speaker Volume. Right click that icon.

2. Arrow down to Volume Mixer, and press ENTER.

3. Now, TAB through the volume buttons until you find System Sounds Button. Press ENTER.

4. Arrow up and down to see which way the arrows are taking the System Sounds. Adjust according to the volume you desire. I always use the semicolon key while at the desktop to get the system to make the error sound.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2022 4:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How To Adjust Windows Sounds Volume On A Windows 10 PC

Hello, everyone.

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.