moderated Re: Insert + Escape, when to use it?

David Diamond

Well, perhaps I’m wrong to do so, however, I have a wireless desktop keyboard connected to my laptop.  Thus set JAWS to desktop mode. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: May 18, 2022 11:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Insert + Escape, when to use it?

LOL

I always refer to the Jaws key as the insert key.

I could see where one could mix up insert with enter,

after all, when you enter, you are affectively inserting something to the computer.

But when some folks say Jaws, they mean insert, and caps lock if Jaws is in laptop layout.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 1:28 PM

Please forgive this silly question, but when referring to the insert key, do you all mean the JAWS key or the Enter Key? I’m digging through my memory and can’t remember.

Thanks.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 10:05 AM

Here’s a non-techy understanding. You’re probably familiar with the F5 refresh process. The JAWS insert-escape command refreshes a screen in the sense that JAWS catches up with what is displayed on the screen. Often when JAWS can’t find something on a webpage that you’d expect to find there, insert-escape will enable JAWS to find it. I use the command many times daily.

--

My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions: https://adrianspratt.com/book/

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 6:12 AM
Subject: Insert + Escape, when to use it?

I was just introduced to Insert + Escape.  This does the following:

Repaints all currently displayed items on the screen.

However, I don't understand the sort of scenarios where I would use this. Can someone describe them?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.