moderated Re: How To Adjust Windows Sounds Volume On A Windows 10 PC

Howard Traxler

Adjusting sound volume is a function of windows.  To open the control, do windows key plus r for the RUN dialog; then type SNDVOL and enter.  You will get a dialog that offers volume controls for all running programs.  Tab through it and adjust at will..If Will don't like it, you'll have to find a different way.

On 5/17/2022 9:01 AM, Bill White wrote:

Hi, Paul. In this case, this doesn't help. Tom doesn't want to adjust either the System volume or JAWS volume. He wants to adjust the volume for System Sounds, which can't be reached via the INSERT plus SPACE followed by V command.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 5:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Adjust Windows Sounds Volume On A Windows 10 PC

Hi Tom,

Just as another solution, there is also a specific layered jaws key stroke command for this too.   So in the way you use other jaws layered key strokes, press and hold jaws key then press space, then release both keys (you’ll hear the layered jaws key stroke sound at this point), then press V (for volume), then either press J if you want to adjust jaws volume, or S if you want to adjust system volume, then simply use the up and down arrow keys to adjust the volume. As you adjust volume jaws should announce the new volume percentage. Hope this helps

Paul