From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike
Pietruk
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2022 9:59 AM
To: Bill White
Cc: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Setting Function Keys to NormalGood morning!

Bill

Thanks that also works on my HP desktop.

Just a note of warning -- at least for me, it also adjusted some other
settings. Initially, I couldn't get the run command to function and Edge
and Chrome did some balking.
So, other defaults may get triggered which you will have to adjust.

Appreciate the quick help as this was driving me bonkers.

On Thu, 12 May 2022, Bill White wrote:

Hi, Mike. What is the make of your computer. Each computer has different
ways of turning off "Media Keys" or "Hotkeys". If it's a Dell, press the
FN
key, which is usually just to the right of the lefthand CONTROL key plus
the
ESCAPE key. If it's another brand, you may be able to use a software
program
resident on the computer to change the behavior of the function keys. Some
Lenovo computers will respond to the same steps I gave above, press the FN
key plus ESCAPE, and see if that changes the behavior of the function
keys.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...