moderated Re: In Outlook, how do I "Click here to view in web browser?"

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Actually, there are emails (typically newsletters or the like) which, in the body, have an explicit link which a person can activate the view the email as a web page. Then there are those emails which you would like to view as a web page which do not contain such a link but for which there is something on the Info bar which advises you to click there if you want to display the email as a web page. There are also emails that are coded in the HTML format but for which there is no explicit way to display the email in a web page. Each type requires a difference response from the nonvisual user.

The most extreme circumstance in which I view an email as a web page often requires me to save the message as an HTML file and then to open the saved file in my favorite browser.

As with everything else these days, there is more than one way to accomplish a specific task, and no one way is completely right or completely wrong. The solution you choose depends n your specific situation, your knowledge, and your confidence/proficiency with the technology you are using.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 12:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: In Outlook, how do I "Click here to view in web browser?"

Hi, Brian. When I get the message saying, click here to view the message in your browser, it is just a notification, and there seems to be no way to click the link. There doesn't even seem to be a link when perusing the message. So there seems to be no way to actually look at the prompt to click here. I'm sure that, as a sighted person, there is some place that this prompt appears, but I know of no way of focusing on the prompt, or of finding the link that allows one to click and view the message in the browser.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 11:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: In Outlook, how do I "Click here to view in web browser?"

Richard,

Might I ask what happens if you gain focus on that "click here" link and activate it?

I can't recall the last time I've actually done this either the sighted "point and click" method or with a screen reader, but I've done it enough that my observation is that activating that link should cause your default web browser to open with that page loaded (or at least loading, depending on how quick your internet is and how large what needs to be loaded).
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.