moderated Re: In Outlook, how do I "Click here to view in web browser?"

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Actually, there are emails (typically newsletters or the like) which, in the body, have an explicit link which a person can activate the view the email as a web page. Then there are those emails which you would like to view as a web page which do not contain such a link but for which there is something on the Info bar which advises you to click there if you want to display the email as a web page. There are also emails that are coded in the HTML format but for which there is no explicit way to display the email in a web page. Each type requires a difference response from the nonvisual user.

The most extreme circumstance in which I view an email as a web page often requires me to save the message as an HTML file and then to open the saved file in my favorite browser.

As with everything else these days, there is more than one way to accomplish a specific task, and no one way is completely right or completely wrong. The solution you choose depends n your specific situation, your knowledge, and your confidence/proficiency with the technology you are using.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong