From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 12:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: In Outlook, how do I "Click here to view in web browser?"

Bill,

Interesting.  I've never encountered these (at least to my knowledge) where they are not actual links.  Here is the tail end of a promotional email I received from T-Mobile earlier today:
---
T‑Mobile USA, Inc., P.O. Box 37380,‌ Albuquerque, NM 87176

T‑Mobile respects your privacy. To review our Privacy Policy, click here.

View this email as a webpage ›
---

And here's an example I receive from the New York Times when I comment I've made is accepted:

Your comment has been approved!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with The New York Times community.

guyslp | Staunton, VA
Pride goeth before the fall. And in this case, I'd upgrade that pride to hubris.

View your comment

If you're having trouble viewing your comment, please copy and paste this link in your browser:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/03/technology/elon-musk-twitter-plan.html#commentsContainer&permid=118131477:118131477

I also get ads, most of which I never even look at, that contain a "Show as webpage instead"-class link.

     ~ Lauren Bacall