moderated Re: Help with JAWS

Loy

I just did a JAWS repair, I turned off my installed version of JAWS and there was no speech with the repair. I turn on narrator. Previously when I have updated or installed JAWS there was always a previous version doing the talking. I suspect that a totally new install would have speech.----- Original Message -----
From: "Curtis Chong" <chong.curtis@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2022 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: Help with JAWS

Andrew:

Can you provide more detail here. For example, were you or were you not
running a screen reader when you attempted to do the installation? Are you a
new JAWS user or simply updating to the current release? I confess that on
my system, whenever I do an installation, I do have a prior version of JAWS
running. Hence, I cannot replicate your situation.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong