moderated Re: JAWS cursor not being activated on laptop

Sameer

Dear Shankar,

The keyboard performs all other JAWS commands as expected. Also, when a sighted user uses the laptop, the minus key works without problem. When using NVDA, the key performs as expected. The problem is only when trying to activate the JAWS cursor.

I have asked my student to try assigning a seperate keystroke to activate the JAWS cursor & also send a mail to Freedom Scientific about this problem.

Regards
Sameer Latey

On 05-05-2022 09:20 pm, techsavi.shankar@... wrote:
Sameer,
I assume that, There may be an issue with the external keyboard.
So, please verify with the keystroke once with the insert plus left bracket to activate the jaws cursor.
If you are able to activate the jaws cursor the above keystroke works, then there may be an issue with the keyboard settings.
Also, try switching to u.s keyboard by pressing windows plus space and press Num pad minus key and see it works.

This email I d is used only for list subscriptions.
Thanks and regards.
Shankar.C
For offline comminucations please reach-out on below shared details.
Mobile/whatsapp: 7795927572.
Email: shankar.c@....