moderated Re: Announcement in Zoom to know speaker?

Van Lant, Robin

Bill is right that Control Shift T worked on my work pc where I’m not running any scripts. I do have Leasey installed at home, so it’s good to know the keystroke may be different there.  I’m also glad to better understand what Control 2 is actually doing. There is so much of JAWS that I’m still learning.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 12:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Announcement in Zoom to know speaker?

Hi, Curtis. I don't have any scripts from Hartgen Consultancy. These are scripts built directly into JAWS 2021 and later. If you have JAWS 2021 or 2022, while in Zoom, press INSERT plus H, and you will hear the following,

To enable or disable alerts, press Alt+Windows+S. This is temporary and will revert to full alerts when JAWS is restarted.

To hear the most recent alert, press Alt+Windows+A.

To be reminded of whether alert announcements are enabled or disabled, press control+F9.

To review the last 10 alerts or messages, press Control+1 through to Control+0. Press twice quickly to virtualise.

To only receive notification of chat messages within a meeting, and when pressing Control+1 through to Control+0, press control+F5. This is temporary and

will revert to full alerts when JAWS is restarted.

To have Zoom announce who's currently talking, press control+Shift+T.

The following Alert types are always spoken and sent to Braille unless they have been disabled in the Zoom Settings Dialog Box within the Accessibility

category:

Recording.

Video.

Mute audio.