moderated Re: cd ripping program

John Covici

Exact Audio Copy is the one I have found that works the best for
ripping -- it will do mp3, keep it as wav, or flac or any other
external program.

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:43:29 -0400,
Bill White wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
Hi, Tom.

To Make CDex Work Again With The New Server,

1. Try to find CDex versions 151.exe, or 170b2_enu.exe. These are the
versions that seem to work best.
2. Install, and open CDex.
3. Press ALT plus O for Options, then press ENTER on Settings.
4. Use CONTROL plus TAB to navigate to Remote Server Settings.
5. TAB to Add Site, and press ENTER.
6. TAB back to the address field, and put the following,

gnudb.gnudb.org

7. In the path, put,

/~cddb/cddb.cgi

8. Where the email address goes, put in a valid email address.

9. TAB to Submit, and press ENTER.
10. You will hear an error message telling you that it can't send email via
http. Just ignore it.
11. TAB to OK, and press ENTER.
12. Put in a commercial CD that would be in the database, then start CDex.
See if the tracks are titled. If they are, it's working. If it says unknown,
it's still not working. Something wasn't done right.

Bill White