moderated Re: a word that Jaws really mispronounces

Sandra Streeter

Also, in my experience, with successive versions, JAWS has gotten better at some words, as someone pointed out with the “spacebar” example.

Sandra

There is nothing so confining as the prisons of our own perceptions.

(William Shakespeare)

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nancy Hill
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2022 9:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: a word that Jaws really mispronounces

Hi, if the word that jaws mispronounces should be said as force fed, it would not take more than a minute to correct the pronunciation from forcefed to force fed.  Here's a word that I corrected earlier today:  beignet.  I corrected it to be said been yea...and it will be said properly each time it comes up because Imade the change in the word dictionary.

Just a thought.

nancy

On 4/24/2022 7:13 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

I was reading on a forum and came across a word that Jaws really can't pronounce. the word 
"forcefed".
Go over that word carefully or have jaws spell it out one letter at a time and you'll see what I mean. Not sure if Vocalizer pronounces that one right as I currently don't have it installed. But I find it odd that a pretty common word could or would be so horribly mispronounced by eloquence. Well eloquence is around a 27 year old tts after all. People told me other words eloquence can't pronounce but I guess the word forcefed is just one of those undocumented mispronounced words. 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.