From: main@jfw.groups.io <> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2022 11:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: interacting with google calendars using jaws

Hello:

“When trying to make a calendar appointment, JAWS keeps losing focus when I have to select date and time. I have to force it to come back to the time and date that I want it to select. Do you know why this happens? How can I fix this?”

Honestly, I just enter the date and time directly instead of trying to pull dates and times from a list. So, for a date, enter mm/dd/yy. For a time enter something like “10:00 pm”. A date of March 5, 1980, would be entered as 03/02/1980.

I find Google Calendar online to be very useful except that I often have to tab quite a bit to get to the Description field.

All the best,

Curtis Chong

I use JAWS 2021 and Google Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127.

When trying to make a calendar appointment, JAWS keeps losing focus when I have to select date and time. I have to force it to come back to the time and date that I want it to select. Do you know why this happens? How can I fix this?

Rahul