moderated Re: interacting with google calendars using jaws

Jeff Christiansen

Rahul

When placing dates into your Google appointments, either use up and down arrows, with right or left arrows.

Otherwise, just type the numeric values into the edit fields, as Curtis indicated. Do not use  read-next-word, or previous-word, Control+RightArrow & Control+LeftArrow, when interacting with times and dates.

As to the description edit field, use the virtual cursor to locate that edit field, using JAWS, the letter E  while using the virtual cursor.

Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2022 11:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: interacting with google calendars using jaws

Hello:

“When trying to make a calendar appointment, JAWS keeps losing focus when I have to select date and time. I have to force it to come back to the time and date that I want it to select. Do you know why this happens? How can I fix this?”

Honestly, I just enter the date and time directly instead of trying to pull dates and times from a list. So, for a date, enter mm/dd/yy. For a time enter something like “10:00 pm”. A date of March 5, 1980, would be entered as 03/02/1980.

I find Google Calendar online to be very useful except that I often have to tab quite a bit to get to the Description field.

All the best,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2022 4:50 AM
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: interacting with google calendars using jaws

Hi,

I use JAWS 2021 and Google Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127. 

When trying to make a calendar appointment, JAWS keeps losing focus when I have to select date and time. I have to force it to come back to the time and date that I want it to select. Do you know why this happens? How can I fix this?

Rahul

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.