moderated Re: Hover over an item

On Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 12:40 PM, David Goldfield wrote:
Not sure how relevant this is and I admit I haven’t used this keystroke in ages but there’s also insert-ctrl-enter.
-
My guess is that this is required because of the split between the virtual cursor being used by JAWS, and the actual physical mouse position, which is not typically in the same place.

It's a kind of "force the physical mouse position to hover over the item being accessed in the virtual cursor so the hover over blurb/options appear" command.  I just wonder how much more reliable this may have become since I last worked with it at all.  It was very hit or miss whether what I could see on hover over (actual hover over in the sighted way) and what was produced via its emulation were the same.  I can't recall which JAWS version this class of commands arrived under.  I'm way out of touch with JAWS these days as I haven't had a JAWS student in quite a while.

     ~ Lauren Bacall