From: <epierce@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: removal of old JAWS

The boot partition, or some related structure, may need to be repaired.

It would probably be a very good idea to run hardware diagnostics, preferably a pre-boot diagnostic program (ask the vendor/manufacturer).

Unfortunately you may need to have a sighted technician do these maintenance functions.

Worst case: you may need to replace the hard drive and/or reformat and reintall windows xp.

Once "last chance" option would be to do a "repair reinstall" of windows xp.

A "repair reinstall" overwrites the existing "system files" only for windows xp, without upsetting the user data files.

If you have an underlying hardware problem, you can fix the computer, but the problem is likely to reappear sooner or later, probably sooner.

That is why it is almost always best to start trouble shooting with hardware diagnostics.