moderated Re: Windows 11 and Laptop

Steve Nutt

On my devices, it doesn’t. I have run full tests, and it says basically that my older computers don’t support Windows 10, until I enable it, which is why I mentioned this.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 19 April 2022 19:16
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 11 and Laptop

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 11:33 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

Also, don’t forget the TPM option in the BIOS. The Health Check app may be telling you Windows is not supported, just because TPM is disabled.

-
While you are correct, it should be telling you this pretty explicitly.

The PC Health Check as it exists today is very good about looking at all the hardware and configuration aspects and giving pretty clear information about where, exactly, something's lacking.

One should review the output from the PC Health Check very carefully and I'm simply presuming that those who take the time and effort to do so are actually doing precisely that.  When I run PC Health check, the results that show by default (and in this case it's only one result, because only one fails, and that's my CPU) are the things that make it fail.  But you can choose to show all results, but even that should not be necessary as anything that fails should be shown.  The things checked include the processor/CPU, Secure Boot, TPM version and status, RAM, System Disk Capacity, Number of processor cores, Processor clock speed.

If any of these fail, that should be pointed out in the short list that gets displayed.  The others are only shown if you choose to show all results.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.