moderated Re: Windows 11 and Laptop

If your machine does not pass the Microsoft PC Health Check then, yes, you will eventually need to buy another computer in order to make the move to Windows 11.  None of my laptops have supported processors, and in the case of Intel processors that means that your machine has one that is older than 8th generation (the number after the dash is less than 8000).

Windows 10 remains in full support through 2025, and that's if Microsoft doesn't end up extending that support.  By that time a very great many of us who have machines with older processors will be due for a replacement anyway.

Right now, with the worldwide semiconductor chip shortage, I wouldn't be buying a new computer unless I literally needed it now.  Within a year or two even the refurbished market will be full of machines that will have the hardware necessary to run Windows 11.

     ~ Lauren Bacall