moderated Re: accessibility of that discounted Office license

Van Lant, Robin

Mike,

I do have a Microsoft account I created to install an Office 2016  license several years ago.  I’m glad to hear your experience is good.  Even if this license stops working after a few years, it  gives me a few extra years of not paying the subscription, even though I know that I lose the option to use One Drive.  I don’t see another downside at the moment and I wasn’t actually using OneDrive yet, but was considering it.

Brian, thanks for validating my guess on this being likely very similar of the same as when I bought the license for Office 2016.  Yeah, you do wonder why it is so cheap.  On the reverse side of that coin, I’m surprised they are quoting some “lifetime” price as, to your point, it’s not really likely to be a lifetime product, unlike Office 365. My office 2016 license is working fine, but there are some features in newer office versions that I’d like to get on my home Pc.  And, while I don’t expect this to happen, I still don’t like the feel that I cannot just buy something outright and would have to pay a subscription.  I still have my SMA for JAWS, but I’m also using the  professional license, so don’t qualify for the annual subscription.

Thanks for helping me think this through.  I do not have the brain power to make a final decision tonight, so hopefully I have a few days to check into the deal more.

Robin