moderated Re: accessibility of that discounted Office license

David Diamond

Perhaps I’m overly suspicious, when something is discounted this much it generally means it will be obsolete soon. Which means ostensibly                 that after you put down the $50, in a few months you won’t be able to use the program anymore. Sorry for being so jaded. By the way, I do, use one drive and love it much more then using drop box.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: April 13, 2022 4:47 PM
To: JFW List (jfw@groups.io) <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: accessibility of that discounted Office license

I was excited to see the discounted Office license Christobal and others shared from the other JAWS list that I’m not on. As I  eagerly investigated it, I noted that it’s talking specifically about Office 2021, yet it says it’s a lifetime license.  I guess I’m confused, as I thought Microsoft had gone fully to Office 365, so I’m wondering if this Office 2021 is essentially the same as a current version of Office 365 and, if by “lifetime” it means it will keep upgrading.  The description talks about some features for making documents look better, which scares me that it may have add-ins and automated assumptions that I don’t want.  I know…I’m probably over-thinking this.  If it’s not Office 365 in the true sense, I wonder if the big missing piece is getting One Drive.  I don’t’ currently use One Drive on the computer I was buying this for, but was going to dabble in it.    Anyone know?  If not, I’ll call Microsfot Accessibility and see if I can get clarification.

Robin

JAWS 2022 and Office 365 at work and Office 2016 at home.

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved messaging applications for business purposes.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114