From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Pietruk
Sent: 07 April 2022 12:19
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: changing how jaws speaks a word

Steve

Thanks for that reminder; and this certainly complicates things and
strengthens my belief that, in most instances, one is better off leaving
well enough alone.

Presumably, since JAWS has a dictionary, there are words already in it.
Is there a way to bring up a list (or a readable file containing them) so
one could study what modifications have been implemented?
In the old Window-eyes, one could do this seeing what words had changes
made, what the changes looked like, and one could quickly add words or
phrases to be modified and saved.

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022, Steve Nutt wrote:

But remember, it's not the screen reader that initially pronounces the
word wrong, it's the synthesiser.

Sometimes, if you change synth, you will get a correct pronunciation.

All the best

Steve