From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 11:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: An anoying letter that comes up in the address bar of Google chrome browser.

I am seriously wondering whether this is a bug in Google Chrome or something else.

If the character were "actually there" (and I am NOT saying you're not having it announced) it should screw up what you're typing were it to be included in the URL, and I doubt it would necessarily be selected by default.

For those of you who may have sighted assistants available, ask them whether the letter you're hearing is actually visible in the address bar.  It would be interesting to know if it is actually something that can be seen or some weird artifact of the interaction between screen reader and Google Chrome.

     ~ Lauren Bacall