moderated Re: homes and environments with more than one JAWS users: Switching JAWS user settings

Ashleigh Piccinino

What you're suggesting would be good to put in the suggestions list for freedom scientific. Find that email where you find all your freedom scientific stuff online.

Sent from Ashleigh's Fire

On April 5, 2022, at 9:29 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:

I doubt that would work, as it would throw registry entries.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: 29 March 2022 03:08
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: homes and environments with more than one JAWS users: Switching JAWS user settings

What if you rename the folder Jaws is in, like \freedom scientific\Jaws1

and change the desktop shortcut path in its properties, to reflect it, and then install Jaws a second time, and it will get installed in \freedom scientific\jaws and then there should be two copies in \freedom scientific.

I am only speculating, but it might work.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, March 28, 2022 8:53 PM

Subject: Re: homes and environments with more than one JAWS users: Switching JAWS user settings

As mentioned, I'm not looking to create separate window user accounts. The scenario I presented is more akin to one family member sitting down to help another family member out and adjusting the JAWS settings for their comfort, after which the first family member switches the settings back for their comfort. It sounds like the only option is the import and export settings feature. I've never done that before. Do you think it is good for this sort of quick settings changes? That would include things like dictionary changes, voice profile changes, speech and sound scheme changes, etc.   

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.