moderated Re: Google Chrome Shortcut Constantly Disappearing

Loy

If the shortcut disappearing is due to an upgrade the deleted shortcut will not show in the recycle bin. To prevent an accidental delete of an icon go to the properties of the recycle bin and check the option to get a delete confirmation warning.----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: Google Chrome Shortcut Constantly Disappearing

I do find it hard to believe it is the delete accidentally being pressed, if it always the same desktop shortcut disappearing.
Now if random shortcuts got deleted, then that I might attribute to someone accidentally deleting them.
I remember when icons used to get duplicated all the time, and I believe that was done by someone accidentally right clicking a mouse.
Maybe MS changed the context menu such that accidental right mouse clicks don't duplicate the shortcut.
Also, it would be interesting to note if the folks with the missing chrome shortcuts are the only users of the computer in question.
Glenn