From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Udo Egner-Walter via groups.io
Sent: 03 April 2022 10:59
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How does one hover over a link?

Hi Bill,

To hover over a link you need these steps:

1. Route PCCursor to VirtualCursor (Ctrl.+JAWS+Delete)

2. Active JAWS Cursor (NumpadMinus)
3. Route JAWSCursor to PCCursor (JAWS+NumpadMinus)

You need these 3 steps because as far as I know there's no script to route the JAWS-Cursor (= Mouse) to the VirtualCursor.

If you want you can use the following script to do these steps in one and add your own shortcut:

<Code start>

Script RoutMouseToVirtual ()
; Save which Cursor is used
SaveCursor ()
; Route PC Cursor to virtual Cursor
RoutePCToVirtual ()
; Wait till the commands are over
Pause ()
; activate JAWS Cursor
JAWSCursor ()
; wait again
Pause ()
; Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor
RouteJAWSToPC ()
; wait again
Pause ()
; Get back to the cursor you used at the begin
RestoreCursor ()
EndScript

<Code end>

Sometimes you need to route the JAWS Cursor (mouse) to the element with focus and make a mouse click there. So here is another script to do this task. Added is one more line to do the mouse click:

Script RoutMouseToVirtual ()
; Save which Cursor is used
SaveCursor ()
; Route PC Cursor to virtual Cursor
RoutePCToVirtual ()
; Wait till the commands are over
Pause ()
; activate JAWS Cursor
JAWSCursor ()
; wait again
Pause ()
; Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor
RouteJAWSToPC ()
; wait again
Pause ()

; do a left mouse click
LeftMouseButton ()
; Get back to the cursor you used at the begin
RestoreCursor ()
EndScript

<Code end>

I hope this will help you. If you need more instructions on installing the script(s) let me know.

All the best

Udo

Am 03.04.2022 um 05:42 schrieb Bill White <billwhite92701@...>:

Some websites instruct the user to hover over a link to bring up an edit box or a delete button? How does one do this with JAWS?

Thank you.

Bill White