moderated Re: homes and environments with more than one JAWS users: Switching JAWS user settings

NFB Lab 4

I think the easiest and quickest way is to have separate window user accounts. However if you don’t wanna do that, I guess you could export each persons settings to a file and then import that file every time you want to bring up that persons preferences.

I think the easiest and quickest way is to have separate window user accounts. However if you don’t wanna do that, I guess you could export each persons settings to a file and then import that file every time you want to bring up that persons preferences.
You will find the import and export of settings in the Charles utility menu Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 28, 2022, at 5:43 AM, Mark <mweiler@...> wrote:

I'm trying to understand if JAWS has a feature to switch settings quickly for different users. Here's an example. I imagine in homes or environments where there is more than one JAWS user, folks would want different JAWS user settings, dictionaries, speech and sound schemes, etc., for each user.  Is there a way for JAWS to have settings for each user, without having to log into different Windows accounts?  For example, one user might be using JAWS with particular voices and settings, then needs a bit of a hand. So their family member sits down at the computer, quickly switches to their JAWS user preferences, dictionaries, speech and sound scheme, then helps out. When done, the first user also quickly switches JAWS back to their original settings.