moderated Re: entering information in tables in Word

Marianne Denning

Thank you. I will try that. I could always use the tab key in the past. The only time I didn’t use it was when I got to the last column and row.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jasmine Kotsay
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2022 9:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: entering information in tables in Word

Hi,

I’m not sure if this will help, but I’ll put it out there anyway. You don’t want to use the tab key to navigate through the table, because after the second column, if you press the tab key, it will add a new row or sell to the table. This may be the issue. You only want to use the when you are navigating between the first and second column, but not afterward. The tab key, after the use of it between the first and second columns, will add a new row or cell to the table. This may be the issue. You only want to use the Tab key when you are navigating between the first and second column, but not afterward. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Jasmine

On Mar 26, 2022, at 3:47 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

I am using Office 365, Windows, and JAWS 2022. I created a table that was 12 rows and 2 columns and I had it autofit. When I try to enter information in the table JAWS just keeps saying "new cell." I have no idea where I am in the table. I haven't created a table in a long time and it is obvious that something has changed but I don't know what changed or how to fix it. I also use tab to move through the table. Any help is greatly appreciated.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053