moderated Re: voice changing

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Rick,

open File Manager and press Control+Shift+S. The SoundScheme dialog will be opened. Press tab key to set focus for the second combo box. The second combo box is the one which changes your voice for File Manager. Press down arrow and up arrow to select your voice and leave the dialog by pressing enter key or activating the OK button.

The next time you activate File Explorer your selected voice (same as in all other apps) should be spoken.

Good luck
Udo

Am 23.03.2022 um 22:11 schrieb Rick Mladek <hmladek@...>:

Hi all,

I jump back between JFW 2019 and 2022 due to whatever problems one resolves over the other.

Within either version, when I hit the windows key +m key, to go to the desktop, I then hit the alt key down to file manager, for example. The voice then changes to elequence from my default use of an external voice syn. Any ideas to what setting I need to correct so the same voice or scheme is used no matter where I am within the operating system, Windows 10, FYI. I look forward to all help.

Rick