moderated Scholarships, O.T.

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Fellow listerrs,

I received the below information from my university’s disability services. It may specifically say Colorado students, but I was informed that it is for the entire United States applicable citizenry; however, beyond that, I am not sure.

Hello

My name is Ileen Gallegos and I am a member and leader for The National Federation (NFB) for the Blind here in Colorado. We are trying to find students to take advantage of the scholarships we have available at our annual convention. We are proud of all students and would love it if you could pass this information on to your students

We will have a zoom meeting for people who might be interested.

Thank you for your time.

All the details are below.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at

Ileen Gallegos

303-895-0087

ileenshere@...

We will hold this high-energy hybrid info and networking gathering both in person at the Colorado Center For The Blind, and over Zoom.  We will be counting on you students to find other students and urge them to join you at Student Network 22 on Saturday, March 26 from 1 pm-3 pm. Register now! Call 303-778-1130  X219 or email assistance@.... We will be talking about scholarships for blind students. We will be able to assist students who may have questions about scholarship process. Student Network 22 will be only 5 days prior to our NFB National Scholarship deadline. Student Network 22 will take place only 20 days prior to our NFBCO state scholarship deadline.

  • Counselors from the division of vocational rehabilitation will be on hand to answer questions.
  • You will have the opportunity to hear from and visit with the president of the National Federation Of The Blind Of Colorado, Jessica Beecham. Jessica is a former national scholarship winner. For many years she chaired our state scholarship committee. She is now a successful entrepreneur and accomplished long-distance runner.
  • Students will have an opportunity to meet and interact with staff and students at our Colorado Center for The blind CCB. (The center) The center offers many students an opportunity for blindness immersion training. Many college students find this program empowering either prior to or at some point during their college experience. You will learn about the ways that the center provides training to build solid blindness skills and attitudes and approaches for success!
  • Inclusion, equity, and diversity. You will hear from students and blind role models who will be on hand to talk about the diversity and challenges all legally blind students experience and share.
  • Students will be able to participate in informative and fun improvisational exercises for laughs and insight. These exercises will be led by noted improv facilitator Maryann Megs Migliorelli.
  • Is there a guide dog in your future? Meet successful guide dog handlers and their dogs.
  • There will be much more.

If you know of Colorado College students, high school college-bound students, teachers,  counselors, or parents who you think should know about student netwok22? Please invite them. We will make this student-led event informative, motivating and fun. We will need your help! Please be in touch with me with ideas, offers to help, and any student contacts you have 303-929-2369. Legally blind students. You really can live the lives you want!

At Your Service,

Kevan Worley

303-929-2369