moderated Re: changing the default web browser

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 06:36 PM, Curtis Chong wrote:
Pray tell, how is this different in Windows 11?
-
Very.  There is no unitary way to choose the default web browser at this time.  It's a file-type by file-type affair.

The outcry about this has been significant, and I suspect that a patch will eventually be forthcoming that makes choosing a default web browser under Windows 11 directly analogous to the way it is under Windows 10.  I have no idea who made the decision to remove this for the debut of Windows 11.  It was an insanely stupid change to the default apps user interface.

Friendship. . . Intimacy, untroubled by eros.

         ~ Kim Chernin