moderated Re: More on my ongoing problem with jaws 2022

Curtis Chong

Howdy BZ:

Here is the procedure.

Hello

1.            Ensure that JAWS does not attempt to start itself automatically under any circumstances except for the possibility of logging in to the computer.

A.            Go into JAWS, and navigate to Options > Basics...

B.            Tab to and activate Automatically Start JAWS...

C.            Start JAWS at the Logon screen can be checked or not depending on whether you have to enter a password when turning on or rebooting your system. I myself prefer to use Narrator when performing a logon since it starts a lot faster than JAWS.

D.            Ensure that “Start JAWS after logon for all users” is not checked.

E.            In the Start JAWS After Logon for this user combo box, select the “Never” choice.

2.            Now, find the JAWS shortcut on your Desktop and copy it to the Clipboard.

3.            Press Windows R to bring up the Run dialog, type “shell:startup” without the quotes, and press Enter.

4.            Paste the JAWS shortcut you copied from the Desktop into this folder, then close it with ALT+F4.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong