moderated Re: More on my ongoing problem with jaws 2022

Kimber Gardner

Hi Curtis,

Here's the status of the boxes that tell jaws what to do on startup:

Start jaws at logon screen is unchecked.
Start jaws for all users is unchecked.

The combo box that tells jaws what to do for this user is confusing
me. When it is set to never, jaws doesn't start automatically. Which
is what I would expect. However, when set to always, jaws starts
automatically regardless of whether or not those first two boxes are
checked or unchecked.

Is that what you would expect to see? Because to me, the status of
that combo box seems to cancel out whatever has been indicated in
those first two boxes.

I'm sorry if this is confusing. But I feel like I'm getting closer to
figuring out what's happening.

As a side note, If I have jaws starting automatically and the options
have disappeared, if I unload jaws then reload by typing jaws2022 at
the run command, everything is fine and all menus and options are
present. So there is something happening in the startup process that
is corrupting jaws. Very weird.

On 3/11/22, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:
Hello Kim:

When checking the JAWS automatic startup settings, be sure to examine the
combo box which says what should happen "for this user".

Thanks.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong