moderated Re: More on my ongoing problem with jaws 2022

Curtis Chong

Hello Kim:

I can recommend a work around which does not address the issue of JAWS being corrupted at startup but which will enable JAWS to start up automatically a bit later than it is starting right now on your system. I will point out that on my system, where I need to enter a PIN, I am now using Narrator because it tends to start more expeditiously than JAWS. If you need the procedure for setting this up, let us know.

1.            In the Task Manager’s Startup area, find where the JAWS item is, right click (applications key) on it, and activate disable.

2.            Press Windows R, type shell:startup, and press Enter. This folder should be empty. Copy the JAWS shortcut on your Desktop into this folder.

3.            Ensure that JAWS is not set to start automatically either at login or after—unless you need to have JAWS up to enter a password or PIN.

Years ago, I ran into a similar problem with JAWS startup, but for the life of me, I cannot remember how, at that time, I was able to resolve that problem.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong