moderated Re: JAWS 2022 Spelling All Caps Words

Loy

You can do a insert 6 and search for text processing and under general you will different options on how to read capital letters.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2022 12:09 PM
Subject: JAWS 2022 Spelling All Caps Words

Greetings:

I am running JAWS 2022 version 2022.2202.38.400. Of late, I am noticing that when JAWS encounters a word that is written in all caps, with the capital indicator setting set to indicate capitalization for characters and words, JAWS will spell the word out letter by letter instead of saying the word as it did in JAWS 2021. For me, this is a problem because, on my system, I use a sound to indicate capitalization, and if I am reading a document, the capitalization sounds are blended in with the text. Hence, having an all caps word spelled is a problem. Is this something over which I might have some control over in a hitherto unknown JAWS setting?

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thank you kindly.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong