moderated Re: Dell laptop seems sluggish on battery...

Zachary Morris

Hello,

There might be some explanations for this. First of all, do you have a discrete graphics card in your laptop, like an NVIDIA graphics card? Perhaps by setting that as the default graphics card might increase performance. You could also go into device manager, and under the network adapters, assuming it's a realtek wifi adaptor, you can disable the minimum power consumption. I only know this based off my experiences with a dell laptop.

On 2/20/2022 11:36 AM, Dale Heltzer wrote:
I am puzzled as to why my Dell laptop is slower in response when it's on battery than when on AC.
Power Management is Adaptive. The battery is good. Do any of you hardware ninjas out there have a credible explanation?
TIA